Success Story: How I won the party primaries without money but promising tangible things

Mbaziira Musa is the elected party representative 
having defeated bigwigs in the party primaries for the
 NRM Candidate to stand as Councilor for Rubaga 
Municipality in the 2011 elections. He had no money 
for campaigns but he attributes his election success 
to people and to the support acquired from Forum for 
Women in Democracy (FOWODE). 2011 
During the elections, the support I received from FOWODE really made me an exceptional man among the fellow youths in my region and the country as whole. I underwent training and I received support to print posters, and handbills, which I distributed in Rubaga. The posters made me popular among the people who did not know me. Furthermore, the trainings offered to me cultivated in me the spirit of boldness, strength, enthusiasm, and confidence that made me indeed a charismatic man with a devoted heart and emotions to stand and contest without accepting any form of intimidations from the opponents. 


I started mobilizing the community to vote for me during the party primaries with a huge financial burden but I was sure that the community virtues and credibility instilled in me through FOWODE trainings, would help me persuade the community to vote for me. I kept telling people that I would transform society for improved service delivery, management, and transparency. The effort I put in community initiatives earned me support from the community. The public appreciated my community development efforts and rewarded me through their vote. I emerged the victor with a total number of 509 votes. 


In the electoral process, I realized that rigging votes, torture, and mismanagement of funds are the order of the day. There were reported cases of violence, coercion, malicious acts to oust me from these elections, and bribery by my opponents during this election period. 


I attribute my success to the different campaign tactics I acquired from the FOWODE trainings. I now am the elected NRM Councilor of Rubaga municipality having defeated more powerful people including, a Sheikh, doctor, and a retired military officer. 


I am proud of FOWODE’s initiative to transform young leaders and now am ready for the 2011 general elections. 

Mbaziira Musa,NRM Councillor Rubaga Municipality

Comments

  1. Thanks for giving opportunity to these young leaders.. Many young leaders are utilizing their potential to promote violence instead of using it to promote peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed this boy is promising ,i really like him,i saw him at the youth celebrations giving speech at nakivubo and i was very impressed with his speech.thanks for the mentorship fowode

    nabukeera kampala

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TIMELY CALL TO CHAMPION SPACES, SOLIDARITY AND SOLUTIONS IN THE WOMEN DELIVER 2023 CONFERENCE

Catalyzing modern technology to empower the Feminist Movement and advance Gender Equality