STORIES OF TRIUMPH OF FOWODE VULNERABLE WOMEN FROM KABALE




After my fatal incident when I was defiled and impregnated at the age of 17, I lost all the hope of ever having a bright future. I was devastated  when my mother reported to LCs that I had been defiled and she was laughed at saying I was lucky even to pick the pregnancy sighting that I would otherwise die without a child. Finding my self pregnant added salt to my wound of being born disabled and living with a single mother.  I have spent my life selling labor for a living and source of income to support my child. Ihave been discriminated against by many people who have casual work  due to my disability.  I am prouid to be part of the FOWODE group because I have learnt a lot in the trainings have learnt to plan and start some income generating activity see the hen I have bought to raise funds, have shared experiences with othe vulnerable women.
Through FOWODE trainings, I have realised that even disabled people have rights and opportunities. I am determined to participate in all decision making meetings where I can be able to reach because I have what to contribute to our community development.
The first training opened my eyes
Ediketh Rwakisyokori tells her miserable story after losing her husband in 1997 and a son in 2011. Life seemed impossible after the death of my son Ayebazibwe who had assumed responsibility of stepping in the shoes of his late Father Rwakisyokori. Living with a dumb grandson we used to close doors and go to sleep at 8.00pm due to loneliness and despair. Thinking that God cursed me, or I am very unfortunate I used to have long sleepless nights. I thank God who brought FOWODE in our area. The first training opened my eyes when we shared on the good things and bad things in our country. I have realized that I have a responsibility to make some positive contributions and decided to send my dumb grandson to school, to participate in decision making processes to contribute views. I have joined the NAADS food security group in my village and was given Irish potato seeds to plant and improve on crop yield to be food secure. I am proud to be part of FOWODE group. When we shared on the second topic I realized that women are equally capable of doing things like men. I have gained hope and confidence in `me and hope to acquire more skills to enable me overcome life challenges. Discovering that children have equal rights and need to be given equal opportunities was my first lesson learnt and I share it with other community members especially women. Before I go to bed I pray and clap hands for the gift of brave women who started FOWODE and the wise person who thought of the vulnerable women’s project. God bless the entire FOWODE family and open more doors for it to be able to reach out to vulnerable women. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIMELY CALL TO CHAMPION SPACES, SOLIDARITY AND SOLUTIONS IN THE WOMEN DELIVER 2023 CONFERENCE

Catalyzing modern technology to empower the Feminist Movement and advance Gender Equality